Dip your toe into the world of online dating with this free online dating site
A free online dating site, mainly popular in Canada, the UK, Australia and the United States.
Unlike most dating sites, PlentyofFish is free to use as it generates it's revenue through advertising. Having said that you can buy credits which can be used for some extra features like message tracking.
Currently PlentyofFish only accepts users from Canada, UK, US, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, Spain, France, Italy and Germany.
PlentyofFish's free features
- Create a profile
- Search and view other users profiles
- Send and receive email messages
- Add users to your favourites
- See who's viewed your profile
- Take the 'Chemistry' test which aligns you with compatible matches
PlentyofFish's paid-for features
- Show up first on 'Meet Me'
- Message tracking to see if your email were read or deleted
- Profile themes
- Gifts which can be sent to users
- Your profile features more prominently on the site
Pros and cons of free online dating
If you're a bit wary of online dating, PlentyofFish gives you the opportunity to test-the-water free of charge. As a free dating site it does have its negative points, the main one being the fact that anyone can join. This results in a lot of users who aren't serious about online dating, and an increase in low quality, spam type messages.
The site literally has millions of registered users and receives millions of page hits a day. This means your profile is accessible to a huge pool of singles, but this can be quite overwhelming. Women in particular often get bombarded by hundreds of emails a day, and a lot get to the point where they don't even bother reading most messages.
Online dating tips for PlentyofFish
Due to the amount of people on PlentyofFish, making sure you stand out from the crowd is important.
- Put some effort into your profile. Include things like your aspirations, hobbies and interests, what makes you unique, and what you're looking to get out of online dating.
- Include several decent quality photos in your profile. Profiles without photos don't get views.
- Use correct grammar, punctuation and spelling. This applies to both your profile and the messages you send people.
- Use interesting subject lines when sending emails. If you only put 'Hi' there is a good chance your message won't even get read.
- Don't just copy & paste messages. Make it obvious that you've read their profile - you could do this by mentioning common interests, or commenting on something they have said about themselves.